16 May Strawberry Breakfast Muffins
A quick and simple recipe for delicious strawberry goodness!
Recipe by Shelley Judge (Makes 12 muffins)
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup oats (or extra almond meal for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup LSA (or bran)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 1/4 cup natvia
- 1 cup homemade apple sauce (Homemade is best, to ensure no added sugar, alternatively banana could be used as a replacement)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 punnet strawberries
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (almond meal, oats, baking powder, bicarb, nativa).
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (applesauce, almond milk, coconut oil, 2 eggs).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Mix through 2/3 roughly chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into a lined 12 hole muffin tray.
- Top with more strawberries and a sprinkle of coconut sugar (optional).
- Then bake in a moderate oven for 25mins or until golden and cooked through.